Exactly. Going through this with my employer now. I'm waiting till this coming week to find out what they decide. But if they say no, what they don't know is I have conversations ongoing already that will lead to offers.
If/When I decide to leave there is no counter offer that will get me to stay. For me it's a matter of principle. By the time it gets to the point of counter offers, they've already missed their chance to pay me what I'm worth.