This app does not use AI at all (nor is it AI slop—I used AI very sparingly to build the product). The app uses NextJS and Postgres, and it’s mostly CRUD and a bit of scraping+caching behind the scenes. It does solve a business problem that we’ve validated with a pre-MVP (low-tech Google Forms + Google Sheets + Twilio) via waitlist members.
The free version of our MVP is ready to launch to general users, though, and the only thing holding us back is that we haven’t signed an agreement about compensation.
We’ve already identified/communicated with some potential customers, and deals with these customers are typically 40K+/year based on our research (FOIA requests to public institutions using competitor products). Based on what’s built (and what I could finish building by August), I think I’d we’d have a fairly competitive offering in the market we’re targeting even if we changed nothing after August.
This risk of “dead equity” to future investors is why we have discussed doing profit sharing. Does this info change anything? Got any alternative proposals/advice? Thanks for your help—it is very much appreciated.