I know right? They expected me to go over 3 rounds of interviews that spanned over 2 months and wait a couple more weeks for them to decide, and that was ok.
But asking for 1 week to decide if I'm gonna leave behind everything I know (home, country, jobs, friends, etc.), was too much to ask I guess.
Did you know the job required relocation when applying? Was it brought up during the interview process? If so, from their point of view you already had time to make the decision. In those circumstances I might see the request for additional time as a red flag and also reach out to other candidates. If the offer was the 1st time hearing of the relocation requirement, I would consider the request for a week to think about it as reasonable.
I wanted to think about the whole offer, not just the migrating part. I knew I'd have to move, but I didn't know for how much, or what that salary would buy me in Switzerland. Why is taking one week to think about an offer unreasonable to you? I gave them a total of 2.5 months for this whole process, and they couldn't give 1 week. Are we serious?
It sounds like you had 2.5 months to think about relocating and to investigate what the cost of living is in Switzerland so you would be able to determine what an acceptable salary would be.
But you had 2 months to decide that.
I'd say that I can't decide whether or not I want to move to another country for a job without knowing what I'll be payed there, and what lifestyle that salary would buy me. Once I got the offer, I asked for one week to think about the offer itself. Would you say that's unreasonable?