With the likes of Qualcomm already having issues with ARM, I suspect that the transition to RISC-V is only going to accelerate. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon decides to build their own CPUs using RISC-V. Apple are another possibility.
RISC-V could be a thing, but its another massive OS move, driver move, new transcription layer(s), and potential instability, for some unproven gains at this point. Arm ramping up pricing could force the issue, I guess
I think Apple would be silly to drop ARM in the near term, but might want to have an alternative in RISC V as a backup plan.
Alternatively, if others jump ship it may devalue ARM enough that Apple decides to pick it up.
Actually the Court ruling makes it even more favourable to work with ARM because it has not been tested in court of their ISA license agreement.
Until ARM decide to make ARMv10.