Things will take a while to settle. Unless your workflow is *truly* broken by the fall-out, save your outrage. And yes, I'm a paying JetBrains customer, don't like their AI offering, but don't really like anyone else's either, so far...
Things will take a while to settle. Unless your workflow is *truly* broken by the fall-out, save your outrage. And yes, I'm a paying JetBrains customer, don't like their AI offering, but don't really like anyone else's either, so far...
Rephrased: what's the problem with waiting until the next point release of the affected product before assuming malicious intent?
Are we really equating poorly-coded add-ons to malware now? And again, I ask this as someone who lived through the whole broken experience of AI previews in JetBrains products and ignoring all of that. That literally took me less time than typing this comment...
Oh, we'll get you on a wait list. Bullshit. Waitlist never came in.
It's OK to say the waitlist closed. Keeping people hopeful is a shitty move.
Then to pull this on launch... (sigh) I didn't want to have to waste time on this shit. I'll go back to VSCode, neovim or whatever if I must.
I'm more frustrated with myself that I trusted them to provide me a year+ of quality service... and that isn't happening.
Sure, I got "sign up now!!!" buttons that did nothing for me. I learned after, like, the first 3 times of clicking these not to do that again.
Then, I was, at some point, able to sign up for the preview. It was underwhelming. Like most other offerings in this space.
Meanwhile, all the core IDE functionality continued working as before... And all was good...
That's a rhetorical question. I know the reason. If they don't bundle it, engagement will be low because people simply don't want it. At best, it's an advertisement in my IDE. At worst it's something that can send my code to an external party.