I transferred five domains from Namecheap, and four of them went through within an hour. The fifth was in a pending status. I was charged a one year renewal for each domain as part of the transfer process.
The fifth domain hadn't transferred after a few days so I filed a support ticket. They told me it could take up to 15 days.
After roughly 30 days, I was billed _again_ for a one year renewal of that domain which is still on Namecheap (unlocked), and still pending transfer. Registrar has now charged me $90 (.io domain is $45/year) for a domain _which they do not control_, and this has obviously not been reflected in the domain expiration date.
I contacted support again and they issued me a $45 refund, but the domain is still not transferred... not sure what to do at this point. (ticket #1657921 if anyone from CF is reading this)